SOX / JSOX Analyst (contract) (San Jose North)
We are looking for a SOX / JSOX analyst for a 6-9 month project at a video gaming company, starting June 15. We are re-evaluating all the company controls to improve the audit process for 2015.
- Perform walkthrough and testing of internal financial controls
- Work with process owners to evaluate new or revised processes to assess risks and update or develop new internal controls, accordingly.
- Assist with revision of company policies
- Evaluating and testing of IT general controls (as required)
- Other tasks/projects (as required)
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting
- CPA/CIA/CISA or other related accounting professional certification is preferred
- 2-3 years of experience in the areas of internal audit, internal controls assessment, and/or SOX/JSOX evaluation and testing
- Good written and verbal communication skills
- Comfortable dealing with process owners and management
You will be working with the JSOX audit manager. Training and guidance will be provided for the right candidate. A background in audit is ideal, but accounting background is essential. Great opportunity to learn about JSOX (Japanese equivalent of US SOX).